The cleaning of the pH electrode, for example, when it is contaminated by (contaminated) liquid.
This depends on the frequency at which measurements are taken, the liquid in which is measured and how the electrode is contaminated. Regularly check the lower side of the electrode, whether it is contaminated (for example, a contamination on the glass or crystal formation). With daily use it is recommended to clean the Electrode 1 time every 2 weeks with cleaning fluid. In any case, it is advisable to clean the electrode. At least 1 time per month
- Pour enough liquid from the bottle into a (size ) cup and place the electrode so far that the glass ball is fully submerged.
- Use the liquid just once , never pour it back into the container.
- When the electrode is heavily contaminated , try placing the electrode in the liquid for about 30 minutes.
- When the electrode is less polluted , about 10 minutes is sufficient .
- Remember to calibrate to meter again after cleaning